Are you a first time or novice climber? Join us for an experimental climbing experience every Thursday. No registration or fee required. Our staff will do the belaying and you can concentrate on the climb. Climbing shoes provided at no charge. Interested in using the wall on a more regular basis? Take a one-hour belay class and earn a Wall Pass. Then, climb for no additional fee whenever the wall is scheduled to be open.
Belaying is the act of managing the rope to protect the climber. You must complete this one-hour instructional session in order to use the climbing wall. A belay class costs $10 and you can register for class at the reception desk in the Kirby Sports Center. Climbing is free after passing this class. Belay classes are offered every Monday at 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. during the academic year. Register at the reception desk in the Kirby Sports Center.
Lead Climbing Clinic
Participants must pass the one-hour belay class (above) and be a competent climber before registering for this class. Lead climb class is offered each Monday at 4:30 p.m. during the academic year. The class costs $10 and advance registration is required. You can register at the reception desk in the Kirby Sports Center.
STUDENT ORGANIZATION Programs
By appointment, organizations and their member can have a fun filled hour of climbing at the rock wall. Our helpful staff will provide all the necessary equipment, including harnesses, shoes and instruction on how to safely climb your way to the top. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a program time.
$55 for groups less than 10 and $130 for groups more than 10
SPECIAL EVENT NIGHTS
Several times a semester the rock wall staff hosts a themed event for everyone to enjoy. The annual Halloween climb is one of the most popular.
Fall 2012: Halloween Climb [Pictures}
- Date: Friday October 27, 2012
- Time: 10 PM-1 AM
- Game of G.H.O.S.T and prizes given to the best costume!
- Candy at the top of routes and music!
ANNUAL BOULDERING COMPETITION
Each spring the staff invites students and the climbing community to compete on our wall. Anyone can register!
Spring 2013: Saturday, April 6 from Noon to 5:00 p.m.
- An open format bouldering competition offering two divisions: Beginner and Advanced for both men and women. Enjoy music, snacks and great company! Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each division. Click here to register.
- Pre-Registration: $10 or At-The-Door: $15
- Bouldering Competition Registration and Waiver Form
Spring 2011: Saturday, February 26th from 10 am to ~1:00 pm
- Open Format
- $10 registration fee for each climber ($5 for Lafayette Students)
- Divisions: Men’s Beginner, Men’s Intermediate, Women’s Beginner, and Women’s Intermediate
- Prizes for top finishers in each division
- Spectators are welcome! Come by for food, music, and some door prizes!
Hours of Operation (Academic Year)
Effective August 26th
Monday through Friday: 6:00 a.m.- Midnight
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - Midnight
Monday through Thursday: Noon-3:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: Noon - 3:00 p.m. only
Sunday: Noon to 4:00 p.m.
Rock Climbing Wall:
Monday: 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thursday 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Click the following link to see more facility hours including breaks and holidays:
Facility Hours Website
134 Kirby Sports Center
Easton, PA 18042
Reception Desk: (610) 330-5770
Fitness Center: (610) 330-5990