All-Sports Recreation Summer Camp
2014 Camp Information
Dates: July 28 to August 1, 2014
Times: 9 a.m- Noon
Ages: 5-10 years old
All Sports Camp Registration Form
The registration form should be completed, printed out, and returned to the address on the form by July 11, 2014
9-9:15 a.m. Announcements
9:15-10 a.m. Session 1
10-10:45 a.m. Session 2
10:45-11 a.m. Snack Break
11-11:45 a.m. Session 3
11:45 a.m.-Noon Prepare to depart
- Learn fundamental movements common to all sports
- Introduce children to lifetime sports and recreational activities
- Promote physical fitness and motor skill development
- Explore individual creativity and movement
- Build confidence and self-esteem by learning basic athletic skills
Session options vary by age group and could include:
- Cooperative Games
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Skill & Tag Games
- Rhythm & Movement
- Tee Ball
- Sport Fundamentals
- Playground Games
- Martial Arts
In each session, children will be taught by an instructor (a full-time professional with a degree in physical education and currently teaching) and at least one counselor (all of whom are Lafayette College students). We place a maximum of 20 children in a session to maintain a 1:10 staff-to-student ratio. Several activities maintain smaller ratios due to the nature of the activity. This ratio improves our ability to give each child plenty of “on-task time” for experimenting with and practicing various skills.
POLICIES & PRACTICES:
- A trained medical professional is always on the premises.
- All camp operations staff and all counselors are CPR certified and trained in first aid.
- Drinking water is readily available at ALL activity sites.
- All children are swim tested and an alternative activity is provided for those who do not pass.
- Full refunds granted for requests prior to June 1st. For requests after June 20th, a $50 deposit is withheld. No refunds will be granted after June 20th.
Hours of Operation (Academic Year)
Effective August 26th
Monday through Friday: 6:00 a.m.- Midnight
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m.-Midnight
Monday through Thursday: Noon-3:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Friday: Noon-3:00 p.m. only
Sunday: Noon-4:00 p.m.
Rock Climbing Wall:
Monday: 4:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 4:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Click the following link to see more facility hours including breaks and holidays:
Facility Hours Website
134 Kirby Sports Center
Easton, PA 18042
Reception Desk: (610) 330-5770
Fitness Center: (610) 330-5990