Recreation Services wants to recognize and thank the hard working employees who have been selected as employees of the semester for the Fall 2013 semester.

Heather Hughes is an outstanding Fitness Assistant. She helps out fellow FAs by frequently filling in as a substitute, and is always willing to help out during her shifts. Heather also scores well on the weekly quizzes, is consistently on time, and attends in-services when she can. Her friendliness, enthusiasm, positive contributions and strong work ethic have earned her this special recognition.  “I love working at the gym because it is a great working environment. I like that my position provides me with a useable skill set through experiences such as in-service trainings. My favorite part of the position is getting to work with my fellow student staff members. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and it has been an honor to work with so many wonderful students and professional staff personnel.”

Ben Prevoznak is an excellent lifeguard. He is consistently on time, subs for others and is always willing to take on extra tasks at the pool.
“Lifeguarding is a great school job, you get to work short shifts with great people.”

Anna Porter has been an exemplary lifeguard. She never misses a shift, guards frequently for outside groups and often subs for her coworkers.
“Working at the pool is an exciting opportunity to meet the Lafayette community. The community is not only made up of students and faculty but also those of the Easton area; I find it incredibly powerful that residents of Easton and Phillipsburg choose to come up the hill.”

Julie Wersebe is a force to be reckoned with as a Facility Monitor. She was a subbing powerhouse this semester — subbing a total of 24 times — and often goes above and beyond the FM call of duty in order to keep the gym running smoothly.
“I’ve enjoyed working as a Facility Monitor because it allows me to meet new people. I have improved my interpersonal skills and my ability to manage my time.”

Shariyah Gordon, one of our senior-most employees, has worked 6 semesters as a Facility Monitor. This semester she was on time for nearly all of her 40 shifts, subbed 5 times, and earned 18 weekly quiz points. She is an integral part to our Facility team, and often ‘models the way’ for other Facility Monitors to emulate. Her confidence and competence has an FM has been noticed by all, from students to professional staff.
“Working as a facility monitor has enabled me to create long-lasting friendships, and has given me the confidence needed to enhance my leadership capabilities.”

Thanks again to Shariyah, Julie, Heather, Ben and Anna.  Keep up the good work.